Director IT Operations
At MaaXcloud our passion is to help small and medium businesses get the most from Cloud IT! Our personalized approach helps businesses across the globe leverage industry best Cloud IT solutions to accelerate growth, work productively, and improve bottom line results. Using our proven methods, tools, and platforms, our trained and certified MaaXpros assist businesses to find the right Cloud IT solutions and drive rapid implementation including set up, data migration, training, and on-going support.
Overall responsibility and leadership of on premise and cloud computing environment and communications infrastructure including management of desktops and laptop computers, network infrastructure, cloud business applications, cloud data center infrastructure, and cloud PBX. Also responsible for managing the end user IT help desk team. The Director is responsible for managing information technology platforms such as physical and virtual appliances, LAN equipment, servers and storage, network health and seamless connectivity with cloud, hosted datacenter resources and remote sites; and ensuring Disaster Recovery and/or other required backup and recovery processes and procedures. The Director is responsible for capacity planning, security design and implementation and network infrastructure resilience. This will be accomplished by researching new technologies, making recommendations to senior management, forecasting future needs/capacity planning, and participating in the strategic planning/evolution of the internal and external systems, security and business continuity requirements to meet the company’s growth expectations.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
• Create IT Operations strategy by partnering with the Senior Leadership Team to align IT and business objectives. Partner with operations & service delivery management to set IT priorities and manage overall IT services and operations.
• Understand the business strategy and operating model, and ensure IT operations are delivered appropriately to the user base with the highest levels of service delivery. Monitor and report to business leaders and executives on IT operational metrics with the goal of continuous improvement.
• Manage networks, broadband connections, desktops, cloud data centers, cloud business applications and other core IT infrastructure resources to maximize security and minimize downtime consistent with the needs of business operations.
• Provide leadership to the desktop support and end user help desk team to ensure IT productivity, telephony, collaboration, video and other tools can be delivered reliably. Manage connectivity to partner applications, ensuring end users have uninterrupted access to support service delivery operations. Provide leadership and supervise managers responsible for IT infrastructure and the workflow of end user help desk requests.
• Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, and availability of proprietary business applications, and provide recommendations for continual improvement of capabilities for deployment, hosting and service levels.
• Establish and maintain inventory of all IT assets including but not limited to PCs, laptops, routers, switches. Maintain record keeping for software licensing, ensure compliance with all licensing requirements and reconcile software licensing charges with actually software licensing usage.
• Work closely with the operations and service delivery team to coordinate and manage IT security execution, and implement security and data protection controls to meet the requirements of the business and to comply with the requirements in partner contracts.
• Ensure proper IT Operations policies and controls are implemented, documented and audited. Establish best practices around activities such as incident management, problem resolution, change management, and production support. Ensure high priority incidents and outages are addressed within stated Service Level Agreements.
• Prepare business cases with ROI justification for IT Operations investments. Manage IT Operations budget and forecast; track invoices, assets, capital and expenses. Drive process improvement, increase end user satisfaction, and reduce costs by leveraging internal and external partners. Coordinate negotiation, selection, management, scope of work and SLA of IT Operations vendors and service providers. Manage third party vendor performance and ongoing integration across multiple systems and providers.
• Create opportunities for team collaboration and ensure proper communication is driven throughout the IT Operations department and the rest of the organization. Serve as an escalation point for IT operations and infrastructure staff, and in conjunction with the operations and service delivery team, provide final authority on IT infrastructure related go/no decisions when required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Operations Director with a passion for the Cloud IT industry, the professional services marketplace, and interest in joining a fast paced and growing business. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Education: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Systems Administration or other related field.
• Minimum 7 to 10 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business in a global environment.
• Minimum 2 to 4 years experience managing a team of IT professionals.
• Experience working with both Linux and Microsoft technologies, with primary experience working with Microsoft technologies and cloud services including Office365, Dynamics365, Azure, Active Directory, EMS, Systems Center, Intune, and Windows 10.
• Experience managing a cloud based Asterisk PBX telephony solution running on Linux with Amazon Web Services, as well as associated SIP Trunking infrastructure.
• Experience deploying and managing local area networks, WIFI networks, and VLANs including associated software, routers, switches, firewalls, and broadband network services and virtual private networks.
• Experience designing, deploying, and operating security, data protection, and business continuity disaster recovery plans to minimize risk of data breach, data loss, and operational down time. Proven experience deploying infrastructure and operational solutions to address these needs.
• MCSA and MCSE Certifications a plus, but willingness to complete these certifications a must. CISSP or CISM certification a plus, but willingness to complete these certifications a must. CCIE or equivalent networking certification a plus, but willingness to complete a must.
• Experience as it relates to IT strategy, planning, purchasing, maintenance, and monitoring. Proven ability to identify problems, evaluates alternatives, and implements effective solutions.
• Expert knowledge of best practices for IT infrastructure and operations and help desk processes. Proven track record in effectively communicating the risks and impacts of poor IT Operations practices.
• A proven track record in the development and management of a highly successful and service oriented IT Operations department.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written with demonstrated skills in presenting information to executive level management audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to advocate, negotiate, listen, influence and collaborate with a variety of individuals and groups.
• Ability to influence decision makers and solve complex problems through collaboration, education and working partnerships.
• Work independently with minimal supervision. Outstanding problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational and reasoning skills.
This position is a core investment we are making to expand and strengthen the IT Operations of our business. It is an opportunity to grow with us via opportunities for long term employment and promotion, as we expect to greatly expand our IT organization as our business goes through a rapid growth phase. This position will have direct interaction with the executive team, while reporting initially to our Chief Operations Officer. The role will eventually report to our Chief Technology Officer, once one is hired in the near future. The culture is fast moving, positive, and team oriented with a passion for getting results while having fun doing it. Perks include office snacks, weekly team meals, social hours, and a casual dress code. We offer competitive compensation including base salary, bonus and comprehensive health, vacation, and retirement savings benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.